10 February 2010

b'day flowers, a week later

so the people in my life know the way to my heart - birthday flowers!... (i guess i make it a little obvious sometimes...)

my parents sent flowers to me at work the friday before my birthday (great to be surprised!), and my friend pamela got me some great tiny yellow roses from the union square farmers' market (which are still going strong almost 2 weeks later, by the way...)

while they were beautiful to begin with, i almost like the flowers better as they're getting a little bit older...


the little yellow roses opened up really nicely, and faded to a creamy color...


this pink ranunculus (!!) was so beautiful and open, and the petals almost translucent right before it bit the dust. (sorry for the blurry pic - my camera doesn't quite know what to do with close-ups)

No comments: